Monday, April 26, 2010

dylan on the breeze

as i gazed, among the mossy scent at those gentle tips of grass, that like the poor, for whom sleep is the only luxury, slept in the damp dawn, the carpet of the lake, the rejoicing water woke from the blackness it had snatched from the seductress Nocturne. it waved to the hiding sun, flashing smiles all around. the trees shook the breeze of it sinuous back; and the breeze in turn unfurled its wings and whipped at faces upturned. the water ducks shook awake the water that still pretended to sleep by shivering its calling wings at it and dipping down to peck at the water's cheek. like crumpled and puckered satin the water lay resting, alive with silvered fish and snakes, that grumbled foodlessly at the ripples overhead. two giants floated amid the windy waters. only their lush green heads greeting the morning air. the little nooks beneath the shabby trees that branched over the water like a tailor on linen, looked desolate, as if someone used to live there. the matte and velvette gentleness of flowers on skin; a lick from the gardens that grew wild. white branches like splattered milk, with birds cleaning their beaks or having semi-breakfast.

Dylan's ravishing melancholy, sprayed my mind with melodic intoxicants, as the tears befriended the cowering lashes. gazing at the sanctity and worshipping the rage of music that lovingly killed me, i dissolved like the clouds over our heads. at that moment i wanted to drown as i felt that something wanted to embrace me, but it seemed like it didn't have arms.

there he was one day crooning in a voice that held some but not much taste for me; and then it was this morning.....

he said to me that 'one of us must know', and left me searching for the answer. he said 'what did u see my blue eyed son', and i hated my dark ones.

he swooped down from some warring heaven to show me a glimpse of himself...

Now Ophelia, she's 'neath the window
For her I feel so afraid
On her twenty-second birthday
She already is an old maid
To her, death is quite romantic
She wears an iron vest
Her profession's her religion
Her sin is her lifelessness
And though her eyes are fixed upon
Noah's great rainbow
She spends her time peeking
Into Desolation Row."

....but what is a glimpse when i writhe for so much more???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

India
I slip, I fall, I bruise, I look up and I rise...........then I let my legs move.......they carry me away.