Monday, April 26, 2010

the kid ship

sunrise on belittled countries of far away rockiness
the ethaca of ullyses
the puny vatican
the hardly accounted for reefs

sailing with a mast
blown in a bulge
by the fluid particles of the air avast
that headily collides
with the ship's hides
and has its shadow cast
formless and lacking hues
by earthly ropes
and social glues
and monetary hopes

the ship sails south
towards some river's mouth
that drains us of our soggy filth

it sucks on the seas
and gulps in the breeze
the flighty little tease
bouncing on the watery crease

men on the dock
reading the planetary clock
the little girl in a frock
and a one legged sock
she with her brownie locks
members of the crew she stalks
her faint brows she cocks
in curiosity

the ship knows the way
among the bergs of ice
and the polar bears
obedient to the captain's say
which for the crew does suffice
as healthy scares
to the grainy coasts
he points his handy toes
gripping hungry egg and toasts
he smites his rocky foes

then deep in the dark
visionless night
where the stars do spark
and the moon is bright
the shiply form
lingers still
until it is eaten
in the gaping yawn
as a nocturnal kill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

India
I slip, I fall, I bruise, I look up and I rise...........then I let my legs move.......they carry me away.