Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The sense of loss and gain

Sweet forebodings present themselves,

To my listless mind.

They tantalize me with,

Their nasty invitations,

To leave me crestfallen,

And t leave my eyes silvered.

One man out of the crowd,

Says,"take what you get!",

An enormous number roar in approval.

I shreak,"but what of my love?".

Noone hears me but for my own ears.

I walk on the white sand of eternity,

Among the grey and silver trails,

Of a million women and men.

Coupled footsteps make mine lonely,

And remind me of my forsaken dreams.

I fall heavily onto knees.

I gaze ahead towards the horizon,

AndI see damp and black clouds in a massive pile.

Not only do they weigh me down,

But my hopes they snatch away,

From my clinging fingers.

I softly cry into my empty hands.

When I wake from my restless sleep,

Filled with alien dreams,

I see an old wrinkled man with a white white beard,

And a bright glare of yellow light.

My failing strength keeps me lain,

And I feel his unblemished hands on my hot head.

I ask him,"Is there an afterlife?"

He smiles and gently closes my aching eyes.

He says,"Die to know what the dead have known,

As the seeds of life is ignorance."

Comfort blazes deep within and soothes my hot young skin,

And my head seizes to ache.

I know now that I may live,

A life of golden divinity,

When I have lived,

A tainted one for the lords of my fate.

The comforting yellow light visits my restful deam,

But I wake again to find it gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

India
I slip, I fall, I bruise, I look up and I rise...........then I let my legs move.......they carry me away.